- View All Programs
- Addiction Professional
- Addiction Counselor
- Addiction Specialist
- Recovery Coach
- Pastoral Care - New
- Peer Specialist
- Recovery & Beyond Bundle
- Text Book List
- Certification Preparation
- Diploma Opportunity
- Getting Started
- Student Services
- Recovery Topics
- Affiliate Login
Pastoral Care - Understanding Addiction Bundle
"Understanding Addictions is foundational knowledge needed in Pastoral Care"
This bundle includes the following courses (62 hours):
Life Model - Texbook required (sold separately)
High Society - Texbook required (sold separately)
Brain Chemistry - Study Materials included
Addictive Patterns - Texbook required (sold separately)
12 Steps- Biblical Foundations - Texbook(s) required (sold separately)
Sexual Addiction - Texbook required (sold separately)
In the 21st century the word “addiction” is used by the general public to describe actions that involve repetition and compulsion. Acceptable behaviors like being “addicted” to football or my morning coffee or being “on the go” to more troubling behaviors indicating people have lost control. It could be gambling, viewing pornographic images online, smoking or abusing alcohol or prescription medications. Understanding Addictions is foundational knowledge needed in pastoral care, family ministry, outreach programs and missions work. Having relevant practical models will help everyone, including mental health counselors, social workers, nurses, criminal justice professionals and educators more accurately discern and interpret many of the difficulties people are facing even before they can admit or understand the impact of their behaviors.
- We will unravel the complexities of addiction so you will be confident in your ability to help and encourage:
- You will learn why alcohol is described as “cunning, baffling and powerful” and how the founders of Alcoholics Anonymous/ AA relied on the power of God and the Scriptures to lead them out of destruction and into a life of service.
- We will unravel the complexities of addiction and its pervasive impact across all aspects of society:
- You will be confident in your ability to help individuals and work with other concerned organizations in your community.
- You will be equipped to speak out and even prevent the needless loss of life.
- You will gain a clear understanding of how certain substances hijack the chemistry of the brain and what factors make a person more susceptible to addiction. The relationship between Attention Deficit Disorder/ ADD and addiction will be explored.
Understanding Addictions will give you a practical and Biblical way to assess emotional maturity, the effects of trauma and how to respond in ways that Build JOY and speed healing based on the latest brain science.
You can begin now to sort Fact from Fiction about Addiction Issues!
Save 15% by ordering this bundle as compared to ordering each course individually!
To order Pastoral Care Courses indivdually you can browse our catalog and order here.